We are a Marketing Platform and Analytics Solution to help Fashion, Luxury and Cosmetics professionals discover, activate and measure the voices that matter for their brands.
Founded in NYC with operating headquarters in Paris, and offices in London, Milan, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Madrid, Girona and Craiova; we work with over 1,000 brands in more than 100 countries as well as partners like IMG, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, the British Fashion Council, Pitti Uomo, and Google to accelerate their business and build lasting exposure. Our company's industry communities GPS Radar & Style Coalition bring together over 50,000 influencers, editors, buyers and more to share content, events, news, images and more.
As a Backend Software Developer at Launchmetrics Technologies, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying new features on a streaming like architecture that process more than 60 million messages per day. You’ll work in Java and Perl as a main programming languages, using frameworks, and a number of tools in between on the AWS stack. You will be responsible for writing clean and efficient code. You will work closely with other developers, Lead Tech manager, Product Owners and Product Managers in a collaborative and energetic environment at the Girona office. Here, we iterate quickly and refactor frequently, writing clean and simple code to solve critical business needs. You will be an important part of a fast growing business in the luxury fashion industry. We are looking for a strong team player with a passion for development to join an exceptionally talented group. The ideal candidate possesses a strong grasp of Java and technologies such as ElasticSearch, Mysql, Kinesis, Redis, AWS.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Architect efficient database schemas for new implementations or contribute to improving existing ones.
- Working closely with product management and VP Tech to define user requirements and translating them into reliable, intuitive features.
- Evangelizing code quality through writing well architected, structured code, unit tests, while following best industry practices.
- Refactoring, optimizing and constantly driving for improved efficiency and code health.
- Maintain existing software products and provide operations support.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- BS Degree in Computer Science
- Bright, energetic, highly motivated self-starter with experience in a fast-paced, results-oriented organization
- Problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to compartmentalize, prioritize and break down a task into logical steps
- Ability to adapt, estimate workload, solve problems, self-improve and suggest new ways of improvement.
- Reverse engineering skills: ability to traverse logical sequences of either procedural or object oriented code, abstracted or static - and understand it entirely.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Java and dynamic languages such as Perl, Python.
- Experience with AWS technologies, such as SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, …
- Understanding of MVC and experience working with frameworks.
- Experience using Git
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Agile development processes: Scrum, Kanban
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Service Oriented and Restful architecture as well as all SOLID principles.
- Experience in designing and developing Web SAAS platforms.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in ElasticSearch
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Work in a dynamic environment and gain an insider's perspective into different sides of the business.
- Participate in exciting projects and be the first to learn about upcoming developments
- Be heard - contribute your ideas on the direction of our company.
- Work with a close knit team - we are passionate about the work we do and the products we build.